Mitt Romney Past and Present

I was not excited that Romney won the 2012 Republican nomination for presidential candidate. To tell the truth, I did not know much about the guy. His PR must not have been too good to start. Then I heard a disturbing story about Romney's high school antics.

Romney allegedly got a gang of high school students together to terrorize some poor schmuck. They held the guy down as Romney shaved off his long hair. It was your basic bullying/harrasment/hazing. That was a long time ago. The other perpetrators showed remorse for their actions. Romney just said he could not recall the incident.

I guess Romney is doomed either way in this scenario. He showed that he could respond with a typical slimey politician response. However I wish he would have come clean, accepted responsibility, and shown some spine. It may have alienated some voters. But it would have solidified my own.

It takes a big man to openly admit some mistakes. An apology would have been the response of a brave man. Romney only could provide a politcal and cowardly response. I am a die hard Republican. But this candidate has me thinking I will probably vote for Obama in 2012. That's how you know we have backed the wrong nominee.