Alan Keyes

I can accurately say I have heard about Alan Keyes before. But I get the feeling he ran for president before and got about 20 votes. Seriously though, the main thing that sticks out in my mind about Alan is that he wanted to eliminate the income tax. He might get banned like Huckabee. But let's see if he has changed his mind about taxes.

Alan's official web site has a fresh design. I could get right to his stance on issues immediately. That makes him 2 for 2. He is pro life. Alan is also pro security (ala illegal immigration). Now he calls himself "pro economy". But let's see where that leads us in regards to the income tax.

I will give Alan this. He has a very eloquent argument against income tax. Alan actually helped put this tax into perspective by informing me that this tax is only 85 years old. However it seems he still wants to abolish it. How? By increasing sales tax and decreasing government spending. This just does not seem feasible to me. But I no longer consider Alan Keyes a crazy man due to his tax ideas. Just a candidate who I will not vote for president.