Ron Paul Redux

I watched a two part video on Ron Paul's Town Hall meeting. This gave me an opportunity to see him in action. It is one thing to read a candidate's web site. It is another to see them react in real time based on questions from the crowd.

The main surprise I got from the Town Hall meeting was that Ron Paul has a long term goal to abolish the IRS. This was not made clear in his web site. As I have mentioned many times before, I think elimination of income taxes is unfeasible. It is strange that many candidates endorse this corse of action.

In addition, Ron Paul also seemed to indicate that he has a long term goal to abolish the Federal Reserve. This troubles me. I know Ron has a lot ideas about economics. But eliminating the Federal Reserve sounds like another ill concieved notion. Having viewed the Town Hall meeting, my initial excitement about Ron Paul has waned. I guess I might be left with Dennis Kucinich to vote for.