Bill Richardson

Bill Richardson is another one of those candidates I knew nothing about initially. His offical web site brings me to his signup page. How unoriginal. Let's see where he stands on the issues.

Bill wants to withdraw all troops from Iraq. Strong. Bill wants to end the AIDS epidemic. This seems a bit random. Doesn't everybody want AIDS to end? Bill lists Darfur as one of his key issues. I think a presidential candidate better list the issues on the homefront first if he wants to win. Bill does not want to build a fence to prevent illegal immigration. Unique, but I do not like the sound of that.

Although he does not come out and say it directly, Bill appears to support gay marriage. He is going to lose 25 points for that: 10 for supporting it, and 15 for not directly saying so. Overall I think Bill Richardson has a distinct opinion on a number of matters. Unfortunately those issues are not key for me. He has failed to gain my vote.