John McCain

Prior to doing any research, I had heard about John McCain. There was an unfortunate running joke about him. Apparently he was taken prisoner in Vietnam. So the joke goes that he was brainwashed and could be turned against the USA at any time. On a serious note, he is a veteran. And I believe a senator. So he has some experience. It is time to see where he stands on the crucial issues.

John stands for low taxes. Sounds good. John's site confirmed that he spent 5 years as a POW in Vietnam. This guy has staying power. Unfortunately it appears he wants us to win the war in Iraq. Not good. John appears noncommittal about the illegal immigration issue. Don't dance around the issue man. At least John comes out and says he support the right to bear arms.

The overall impression I get from John McCain's sight is that he does not put his opinion on the line for many issues. Sure. He states that he is for lowering health care costs. That does not tell me anything. All politicians are for that. I wish I could have read something more concrete. Maybe if I dug into he detailed plans I could figure out where he stands. But I want a commander in chief who is a straight talker. And that straight talk should align with my personal goals. Unfortunately I could not figure this out from John's web site. He does not get my vote.