Rudy Giuliani

I feel good in that I have actually heard of Rudy Giuliani before. Maybe it was because he was mayor of New York. I hear he did a bang up job in dealing with the aftermath of 9/11. But to tell the truth, I really did not know much more about him. I did not even know he was Republican.

So I decided to do a little research. And to avoid and bias, I used his official web site to gather facts about his stances on crucial issues. Let's start with the good news. Rudy is for lowering tax and fiscal responsibility. Sounds like a true Republican. I don't like paying taxes. Less is more. And this guy is strict on illegal immigration. He wants to build up a big fence, track non-citizens, and deport then if they commit crimes. However you feel about his immigration views, I love that he spells out a forceful stance.

I get the feeling that, like many politicians, Rudy is taking a "non-stance" on multiple issues. Or he advocates some lofty goal with no clarity that makes me believe it is more than just rhetoric. Rudy wants to reform education to focus on children. As if there is any politician who does not want to do that. He also wants to increase America's economic competitiveness. That statement sounds good on the surface. But after reading his ideas, I get confused as to what the heck he is actually saying. Typical. Also Rudy would like health care reform. I just can't decipher what type of reform he is advocating. I needed to read between the lines for Rudy's take on Iraq. But I get the impression he does not want to end the war and bring home the troops now.

If I go to your web site, I want you to explain exactly where you stand on the key issues. Don't just give me some apple pie generalization. And more imporantly, don't give me political speak that actually says nothing. Initially I had a gut feeling that Rudy Giuliani was a contender for my vote. After having visited his official web site, I can only say I don't know what he stands for. Next.